5 August 2016
I met with Him this morning. We plopped our tushes into the cool sand and looked out as the waves rolled in. The emanation of His earnest love felt as palpable as the morning sea mist, rising up to kiss my skin and heal all the places. He knew last night's burden, and He cut straight to the heart of it: "Come to me, first."
He turned His face toward mine. "I died to make it possible for you to come to me, without shame, and without blemish. Complain to ME, first. I'll take the brunt of it—the anger, the hurt that you carry. And once done, Holy Spirit is here to counsel you through it."
The great Comforter sidled up next to me, bringing a touch of His warmth.
He continued, "You know, I died for them, too. I died to make a way for them to come to me. But they haven't chosen to come to me. So you've had to take the brunt of it—and for that I'm so sorry. Remember that it hurts me, too."
He paused to reflect for just one moment, and I thought I saw a flicker of pain sweep across His kind face. "Let me take this for you. I'll take mine and I'll take yours. I'll hurt for us both."
This is Love that can take this on—He took on all the pain in the world. I don't have to work myself weary by throwing punches.
We sat there silently together for another minute as the mercy set in.
He added, "Do you know you can do more with the help of the Holy Spirit than even I did? Do you really know it?"
I still can't grasp what this means, but I believe Him.
In his pride the wicked does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God... But you, O God, you do see trouble and grief; you consider it to take it in hand... You hear, O Lord, the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them and you listen to their cry.
Psalm 10:4, 14, 17 NIV
The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you. Psalm 9:9-10 NIV
When my heart was grieved and my spirit embittered, I was senseless and ignorant; I was a brute beast before you. Yet I am always with you; you hold me by your right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Psalm 73:21-24 NIV
Surely he took up our infirmities and carried our sorrows... For he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
Isaiah 53:4a NIV
Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. Psalm 68:19 NIV
I will praise the Lord, who counsels me. Psalm 16:7a NIV



No comments:
Post a Comment