1.08.2012

Songwriter and producer, Rick Elias, once told me that sometimes the best songs come from your dreams. I dream vividly, which is helpful. Occasionally, I'll dream lyrics or poetry, or even melodies, and I wake up scrambling to find a pen and piece of paper. I'm sure other writers experience the same.

Five months ago, I had a dream that this guy came to my front door and handed me a letter. It had all these words written all over it, beginning with, "I think I'm kind of, maybe, a little bit falling in love with you. But I'm scared." And in it he proceeded to give me all these reasons why we couldn't be together or why he was unable to express his feelings for me. I said in reply, "It's okay. I feel the same way," and invited him in.
I liked the meter, and I liked the concept. So I wrote this song:

As I lay in my bed
Ev'ry night, ev'ry night, ev'ry night
Well I hear what you said
Circlin' round in my head
Well I prayed, and I'll say
That it's right, yeah it's right, yeah it's right, yeah it's right

I think I'm kinda maybe a little bit
Falling in love with you.
I know what you're thinking, babe,
But we could be better as two.
I know that I miss you
And I know you miss me too.
When will you see
You're falling for me?

Well I'm waitin' for you
Ev'ry day, ev'ry day, ev'ry day
And I will see it through
Cause I know that you're feeling it too
I may give you my heart,
Ev'ry part, ev'ry part, ev'ry part, ev'ry part

I think I'm kinda maybe a little bit
Falling in love with you.
I know what you're thinking, babe,
But we could be better as two.
I know that I miss you
And I know you miss me too.
When will you see
You're falling for me?

I'm believin', but leavin'
The time that it takes.
You're scared, but
With my love
You'll be safe.

I think I'm kinda maybe a little bit
Falling in love with you
I know what you're thinking, babe,
But we could be better as two.
I know that I miss you
And I know you miss me too.
When will you see
You're falling for me?

(c)2011, Victoria Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment