So a few years ago, when they changed this thing and made it so that you have to have a Google account, I said, "no way am I doing that! I already have enough "accounts" for various things, I'm not adding another one just to keep this blog!" So I let it go... and now I'm back...I gave in.
Actually, in a way, it's similar to how the rest of my life has been for the past three years. I've let things go. Friendships. Music. College graduation left me in the unknown. I lost my community. I lost my heart for the music that I so dearly loved. I couldn't write anymore. Church was not where I wanted to be on Sunday mornings. Those were things that made me who I was; it was the me that I knew, and I quickly became unfamiliar with myself in this new situation creating me into a new, and not so lovable, person.
Maybe I'm not a new person, but layers have been lifted. I once referred to life changes as a shedding of skins. It's painful. You have to itch, and scratch, and writhe, and be uncomfortable for awhile. It's not something you want to go through, but you have to go through it because you are growing. You no longer fit into your old mold. The new skin is not completely changed-- you still share the same form, but now you are sleeker, sharper, and more firm.
And now, oddly enough, I'm coming back to things. Mentoring youth. Creating music. Listening to God. Writing this blog...


1 comment:
I'm so glad you're back to blogging! :0) I posted your link on my blog so that I'll remember to check it... :0)
Post a Comment